Saturday, June 22, 2024
spot_img
HomeAfrica Cup Of NationsZiyech Reacts To Morocco AFCON Snub

Ziyech Reacts To Morocco AFCON Snub

Chelsea playmaker Hakim Ziyech says he doesn’t care about being left out of the Morocco Africa Cup of Nations squad.

Speaking after his Man of the Match display in the 2-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur in the Carabao Cup on Monday the Atlas Lions star brushed off his exclusion by head coach Vahid Halilhodžić.

After an alleged fallout with the Bosnian, the 28-year-old has yet to be called up to the national team since June last year.

“I’m doing my job and trying to perform as best as I can,” he told beIN SPORTS after the game.

“All the other stuff that’s going around outside of football it is not really important at the moment. At this point I don’t really care to be honest.”

The former AFC Ajax star has scored 17 goals and registered 10 assists for the North African side in 40 appearances since making his debut in 2015.

Lorenz Kohler
Lorenz Kohler
Lorenz Köhler is an award-winning South African football journalist. Having cut his teeth in the industry working at Kick-Off Magazine, he is now iDiski Times' senior digital content writer. He specialises in breaking top African football stories and transfers with a major focus on the 'big-three' Mamelodi Sundowns, Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates and CAF inter-club and international competitions. In 2021 he was listed amongst the top-five journalists under 30 in Print Media for the AIPS Awards.
TRENDING

RELATED ARTICLES