Connect with us

DStv Premiership

Pirates Fight Back To Beat Sekhukhune

Orlando Pirates came from a goal down to beat Sekhukhune United 2-1 at the Orlando Stadium on Tuesday evening, while there was also a first win for TS Galaxy, and another win for Royal AM.

Orlando Pirates 2-1 Sekhukhune United

There were chances for Pirates in the opening ten minutes, but both Linda Mntambo and Tshegofatso Mabasa were off target with their efforts.

Mabasa was on target in the 21st minute, but Toaster Nsabata made a comfortable save to deny the Pirates man, while Collins Makgaka’s effort on the half hour mark was deflected wide.

Chibuike Ohizu tried a long range effort in the 36th minute, but his shot flew over the goal, while Tshediso Patjie went wide two minutes later.

But Seth Parusnath was not to be denied in the 42nd minute as the visitors struck with a swift attack. Parusnath’s composed finish leaving Siyabonga Mpontshane with no chance.

Just before half-time Mntambo’s free kick caused problems in the box for Sekhukhune, while Makgaka’s effort in stoppage time was just wide.

Tlotlo Leepile was off target in the 54th minute, and it was the same result at the other end for Fortune Makaringe two minutes later. 

Pirates’ substitute Kabelo Dlamini’s effort in the 59th minute was wide, as was Sekhukhune replacement Prince Nxumalo a minute later.

Another substitute, Kwame Peprah, had two chances for Pirates in the 62nd and 64th minutes, but both headers went wide.

It took a great save from Nsabata in the 73rd minute to deny Terrence Dzvukamanja’s acrobatic effort, as Pirates pile on the pressure.

A minute later Pirates were awarded a penalty for a handball by Ryan De Jongh, Mntambo stepped up and sent Nsabata the wrong way to make it 1-1.

Pirates made it 2-1 in the 77th minute, as Dlamini’s effort from just outside the box was curled into the corner. Sekhukhune were not pleased, as they felt there was a foul by Abel Mabaso just before the goal.

An important three points for Pirates, who end a run of four games without a win in the league.

Royal AM 2-1 SuperSport United

Royal AM scored two stoppage time goals to beat ten man SuperSport United 2-1 at Chatsworth Stadium.

SuperSport grabbed the lead on the half hour mark when Thamsanqa Gabuza was on hand to finish off at close range, after Luke Fleurs initial effort was saved by Patrick Name.

However SuperSport suffered a blow in the 60th minute, when Luke Fleurs was sent off after accumulating two yellow cards in the game.

And just when it looked like SuperSport would hold on for the win, Royal AM grabbed two goals in stoppage time from Zukile Mkhize and Menzi Masuku.

TS Galaxy 2-1 Baroka

TS Galaxy grabbed a late winner as they beat Baroka 2-1 at the Mbombela Stadium.

Evidence Makgopa gave Baroka the lead in the 18th minute, the Bafana Bafana striker heading in from a Basel Mphahlele cross. 

Galaxy were level five minutes before half-time, as Sinethemba Mngomezulu scored from the spot after Tshegofatso Nyama was fouled in the box.

And just before full time, Galaxy found a winner, as Menzi Ndwandwe turned and shot to give the club their first win of the season.

Golden Arrows 0-0 Swallows

Meanwhile at the Princess Magogo Stadium, Arrows and Swallows played to a stalemate, as it ended in a goalless draw in Durban.



Latest News

Get iDiski Times On Magzter

Live Scores