Connect with us

DStv Premiership

Usuthu Adds To Galaxy’s Woes

AmaZulu picked up their second DStv Premiership win of the season as they beat ten man TS Galaxy 1-0 at the Mbombela Stadium on Tuesday evening. Earlier in the day Marumo Gallants and Royal AM drew 2-2.

It was a first match on the Galaxy bench for Sead Ramović, who had replaced Owen Da Gama earlier in the month.

TS Galaxy 0-1 AmaZulu

Augustine Mulenga went close for AmaZulu in the 13th minute, but his effort was saved and hit the post. At the other end Lindokhule Mbatha’s deflected effort in the 22nd minute was comfortable for Veli Mothwa, as it went straight into his arms.

But perhaps the moment of the first half was when Siphelele Mthembu missed a golden opportunity in the 31st minute, as he miscued his shot at goal, with goalkeeper Vasilije Kolak out of position, but his tame effort was cleared off the line by Pogiso Sanoka.

With no goals in the first half, a frustrated Benni McCarthy made a few changes at the break, and AmaZulu began to put Galaxy under pressure.

And that pressure paid off when Luvoyo Memela was set up by Tercious Malepe, and Memela made no mistake, curling it past a helpless Kolak.

Galaxy were close in the 64th’ minute as  Sinethemba Mngomezulu’s header looked goal bound, but Makhaula did well to intercept and clear off the line.

Galaxy’s life was made tougher when they were reduced to ten men in the 70th minute when Sanoka picked up a second yellow card.

Despite being a man down, Galaxy tried hard to get back into the game, and substitute Menzi Ndwandwe managed to get a header on target in the 86th minute, but it was straight at Mothwa. Mxolisi Macuphu had a great chance in stoppage time but skied his shot.

Victory for AmaZulu sees them climb up to the sixth on the log. Galaxy remain bottom.

Marumo Gallants 2-2 Royal AM

Royal AM scored a stoppage time goal to force a 2-2 draw away against Marumo Gallants at the Peter Mokaba Stadium on Tuesday afternoon.

Gallants, who had Raymond Mdaka on the bench for the first time, looked the more productive team in the first half, but there were no goals in the opening 45 minutes. 

Gallants took the lead three minutes into the second half, as Ndabayithethwa Ndlondlo’s deflected snuck into the corner.

It was 2-0 in the 74th minute, as Letsie Koapeng, who had come off the bench, scored a great curling effort from outside the box. 

But Royal AM started their comeback when they were awarded a penalty a minute later for a handball. Victor Letsoalo made no mistake to pull one back.

And just before full-time Royal AM drew level, as substitute Sedwyn George fired home after a goal mouth flurry to steal a point for the KZN side.



Latest News

Get iDiski Times On Magzter

Live Scores