Amiens Give Update On Zungu

idiskiadmin
May 11, 2022

Amiens Sporting Director John Williams has confirmed that Bongani Zungu, who had been linked with a move to Kaizer Chiefs ahead of the season, is expected to leave the Ligue 2 side.



Zungu is in the final two months of his contract with the Ligue 2 side and eligible to sign a pre-contract with potential suitors.

The 29-year-old missed the first half of the campaign but helped Amiens to climb from 19th into 13th spot on the Ligue 2 log, making 13 appearances since December but again didn’t feature in the last two.

Williams now confirmed that Zungu, among other players, are seemingly not in the club’s plans as they want to shift their focus on players who are comfortable in Ligue 2 rather than players who are frustrated with playing in French’s second tier.

“Zungu and Gnahoré were not expected to stay,” he told Courier Piccard.

“This summer, we are going to end the Ligue 1 era with players fully involved in the Ligue 2 project and less frustrated at the idea of playing in Ligue 2. We must start with a positive project with a desire to perform.”

Zungu himself recently stated that he feels good enough to play in French’s top tier but at the time he hadn’t spoken with the club about his future.

“This is life! I am a good player, I know it, and if I invest, if I work hard, I can find a club in Ligue 1 or anywhere else in the world,” he said, as per Le11Amienois two weeks ago.

“This is an option, if we do not agree during discussions.”

Zungu joined Amiens from Vitoria Guimarares in 2017 but the French side were relegated from Ligue 1 to Ligue 2 in 2019/20. Overall, Zungu has made 75 appearances for the club.

He was linked with a move to Kaizer Chiefs but it remains to be seen whether he prefers to stay in Europe a little longer.

Zungu Discusses Potential Next Move



Free iDiski Times

Trending News

More News