Richards Bay FC chairman Jomo Biyela has explained why their Betway Premiership clash against Kaizer Chiefs was moved from Moses Mabhida Stadium.
The Natal Rich Boyz are scheduled to face Amakhosi on Wednesday, 26 August, with the match set for an evening kick-off.
The fixture was initially due to take place at Moses Mabhida Stadium but has since been moved to Princess Magogo Stadium in KwaMashu.
Biyela says the ongoing work at Moses Mabhida Stadium has taken longer than initially expected.
A decision was made not to rush the venue before the necessary repairs are fully completed.
“We had to change because in the meeting, it was discussed that we must not rush this venue because there’s something that needs to be fixed,” said Biyela.
“We are going to need this venue for the upcoming matches. So, we thought it’s important to move the match to another venue here in Durban.”
When asked whether, the pitch was as bad as uMhlathuze Sports Complex, Biyela responded, “No, it’s still in good condition, it’s just that there was a duration that had been placed that the stadium for the ongoing programme to be fixed.
“But we all saw the weather in the past days in Durban, that work had to be halted.
“What we can say, we would like to apologise to the football fans. We also know how much the club that we will play against is supported.
“What’s important is that the match remains in Durban.”
