Saturday, April 13, 2024
spot_img
HomeTransfer CentrePitso's Al Ahli Linked With Ex-Barca & Real Madrid Stars

Pitso’s Al Ahli Linked With Ex-Barca & Real Madrid Stars

Pitso Mosimane’s Al Ahli Saud FC side have been linked with former FC Barcelona duo Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Sergio Busquets as well as former Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos.

The Jeddah giants are one of four club’s who are now under control of the country’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), who own a 80% share in Premier League side Newcastle United.

The Saudi government want to pump a billions of money into the Saudi Pro League, as part of their ‘Vision 2030’ project, which also involves attempting to host the 2030 FIFA World Cup.

As a consequence PIF will now control 75% of the four founding members of the Saudi Pro League (Al Ahli, Al Ittihad, Al Hilal and Al Nassr), with the other 25% controlled by a non-profit organisation, where members of the current board can have a seat.

Amid the centralised approach to bring some of the biggest names into the country, with champions Al Ittihad being linked with Karim Benzema, while Al Hilal reportedly made Lionel Messi a massive €400 million a year salary offer.

After Mosimane lead Al Ahli to promotion and back into the Roshn Saudi League, the Jeddah-based club are part of this massive project and have been linked with Aubameyang as per Fabrizio Romano, while Aaron Dominguez reports that Al Ahli have made an offer to Busquets and are also approaching Ramos after his departure from Paris Saint-Germain.

The former Real Madrid captain left PSG after two seasons in France, while Busquets ended his 15-year spell with Barcelona.

Aubameyang, meanwhile, still has a year contract at Chelsea, but Fabrizio Romano stated “he will 100% leave Chelsea this [European] summer”.

Meanwhile, Mosimane’s own future at Al Ahli remains uncertain, with all contract talks said to be put on ice until the takeover by PIF is complete.

iDiski Times
iDiski Timeshttps://www.idiskitimes.co.za/
iDiski Times is one of the fastest-growing football brands in South Africa. Boasting a free weekly newspaper as well as a 24/7 news website with top breaking news in the PSL (DStv Premiership, Motsepe Foundation Championship), women's football and all other major tournaments in South Africa and abroad.
TRENDING

RELATED ARTICLES