Downs Star Most Valuable PSL Player, Billiat Drops Most
Mamelodi Sundowns star Peter Shalulile is now the most valuable player in the PSL, while Khama Billiat was the biggest loser in a recent Transfermarkt update.
Shalulile’s worth grew by an impressive €500 000 (R8.5 million) since his move from Highlands Park to Masandawana, where the 27-year-old netted 22 goals in 39 appearances in 2020/21.
He was also voted PSL Footballer of the Year and Player’s Player of the Year, with TM now valuing him at €1.5 million (R25 million).
He is followed by Themba Zwane, whose value grew by €100 000 (R1.7 million) to €1.4 million (R23.7 million), while Billiat fell from first into third place.
The Kaizer Chiefs attacking midfielder is now valued at €1.3 million (R22 million), dropping €200 000 (R3.4 million) in worth.
Thulani Hlatshwayo is the highest-valued Orlando Pirates player, with an estimated worth of €1.3 million.
Below are the 10 highest-valued players in the PSL, according to TM:
- Peter Shalulile (Mamelodi Sundowns) – €1.5 million
- Themba Zwane (Mamelodi Sundowns) – €1.4 million
- Khama Billiant (Kaizer Chiefs) – €1.3 million
- Thulani Hlatshwayo (Orlando Pirates) – €1.3 million
- Ronwen Williams (SuperSport) – €1.2 million
- Teboho Mokoena (SuperSport) – €1.2 million
- Doen Hotto (Orlando Pirates) – €1.2 million
- Thapelo Morena (Mamelodi Sundowns) – €1.2 million
- Andile Jali (Mamelodi Sundowns) – €1.2 million
- Innocent Maela (Orlando Pirates) – €1 million