Official: Atlético Sign Man City Star

Spanish LALIGA outfit Atlético Madrid have announced the signing of Argentinean forward Julián Álvarez from Manchester City on a two-and-a-half-year deal. Álvarez, 24, joins the Spanish giants in a blockbuster move said to be worth €75 million plus another €20 million in add-ons. The forward penned a six-year deal with Atletico, two years after joining Pep Guardiola’s side from River Plate in July 2022 for just €20 million. Atlético announced the arrival of Álvarez at the Metropolitano Stadium on Monday via social media. The Calchín-born attacker is said to have grown tired of less game time under Guardiola, with Erling

Read more

Stellies CEO Sends Message To Van Rooyen After Pirates Move

Stellenbosch FC CEO Rob Benadie had admitted the club are “sad” at losing Deano Van Rooyen to Orlando Pirates but wishes him all the best after eight years with the club. Earlier on Monday, Pirates confirmed the signing of Van Rooyen on a three-year deal with a two-year option. Van Rooyen, 27, was one of the mainstay’s in Steve Barker’s squad and helped the club to lift their first ever trophy last season but his fine performances now saw him being snatched up by the Buccaneers, as Stellies lose another key player. “It has been a privilege to watch Deano

Read more

Lebusa On Switching To Goalkeeper In MTN8 Clash

Mamelodi Sundowns defender Mosa Lebusa is thankful to his teammates for their defensive abilities during his small period between the poles. Despite creating numerous chances, Sundowns were forced to play the last 10 minutes or so with a man down, and eventually went on to seal a narrow 1-0-win courtesy of Thabang Matuludi’s own goal. Rise and Shine had a glorious opportunity in the 83rd minute to steal the win when Hlayisi Chauke went one-on-one with Denis Onyango, forcing the Sundowns goalkeeper to handle the ball outside the 18-yard area which led to a red card. After a long debate

Read more

Ex-Chiefs Talent Suspended At PSL Side

Motsepe Foundation Championship side Casric Stars have suspended midfielder Given Thibedi for allegedly absconding work. Thibedi is a former Kaizer Chiefs youth development and played his best football at Swallows FC under the leadership of Brandon Truter. The 26-year-old had a good season with Stars in 2023/24, as they finished seventh, four points adrift of the PSL/promotion playoffs spot and the club were happy to retain him for this coming season, as they continue their bid for topflight promotion. But iDiski Times has gathered intel that the former Moroka Swallows player has been suspended by Stars after having missed training

Read more

Official: Pirates Announce Marquee Signing

Orlando Pirates have announced Deano Van Rooyen as their next marquee signing ahead of the 2024/25 campaign. The Buccaneers have already added Thalente Mbatha after his impressive loan spell led to a permanent move, while also bringing in exciting Angolan winger Gilberto and Mbatha’s former SuperSport teammate Selaelo Rasebotja. But it always seemed like the Sea Robbers were not done and they have now announced the signing of Stellenbosch FC captain Van Rooyen, as reported by iDiski Times. “Orlando Pirates Football Club Is pleased to announce the signing of Deano van Rooyen from Stellenbosch FC. The 27-year-old has signed a

Read more

Manqoba Responds To Criticism Over Mshishi Deal

Mamelodi Sundowns coach Manqoba Mngqithi has hit back at criticism that club legend Themba Zwane has received a one-year extension. Zwane, 35, was confirmed the have received a one-year deal that will expire at the end of June 2025, with the FIFA Club World Cup set to take place between June 15 and July 13. There’s been suggestions that it could well be the last contract of ‘Mshishi’ at Masandawana where he’s won 18 trophies, including 10 league titles. But the Sundowns coach said it’s in the best interest of the club, as they look to keep the Bafana Bafana

Read more

Ex-Chiefs Striker Lands New Club In Saudi

Former Kaizer Chiefs fan favourite Knowledge Musona has signed for Saudi Pro League outfit Al-Okhdood Club from Al-Riyadh SC on a free transfer. Musona, 34, managed just four goals in 18 appearances for Riyadh last season, as the club opted against retaining his services beyond July 2024. This past weekend, Al-Okhdood confirmed the ‘Smiling Assassin’ as their newest acquisition on social media. Speaking after signing the contract for Al-Okhdood: Musona said: “I’m happy to join the club and I’m hoping to have a great season together.” This is Musona’s third club in Saudi Arabia, having also spent two seasons with

Read more

SuperSport Land Another Promising Talent

SuperSport United have continued their drive to secure promising talent for their DStv Diski Challenge squad. After securing Rayden De Reuck, the brother of Mamelodi Sundowns defender Rushine, Orifha Maubelo has also said to have joined up with the squad. The forward who was part of the U17 Africa Cup of Nations squad in Algeria last year, signs from Tshwane-based academy Capital City FC. It continues its recent trend of luring some of the most promising talent into its reserve team system with a view of swift promotions into the first-team set-up. Last season, Siviwe Magidigidi and Lucky Muthewi, who starred in their

Read more

Wydad Confirm Interest In Bafana Star

Wydad Athletic Club have confirmed interest in signing Bafana Bafana star Percy Tau from Al Ahly. Tau, 30, looks set to leave the African champions after three seasons at the club where he’s won 10 trophies with the Red Devils. However, it appears the club are going through a process of refreshing their side with the likes of Aliou Dieng moving on to Al-Kholood on loan. Both Tau and Dieng have formed an integral part of their recent dominance of the domestic and continental scene but the Red Devils are now looking towards building a new-look squad. Tau will certainly

Read more