Saturday, June 15, 2024
HomeDStv PremiershipArrows Confirm Decision Ahead Of Chiefs Clash

Arrows Confirm Decision Ahead Of Chiefs Clash

Golden Arrows have announced the decision that they will be at the stadium on Wednesday evening, despite Kaizer Chiefs indicating they will not travel to Durban.

Abafana Bes’thende are scheduled to host Amakhosi at 19:30 at the Princess Magogo Stadium on Wednesday but Chiefs published an update, saying they will not honour the fixture after five more members of their personnel tested positive for Covid-19 – taking the total number to 36 cases.

Chiefs already couldn’t honour their fixture against Cape Town City on Saturday when the gates at FNB Stadium remained locked and similar scenes could happen on Wednesday.

However, Arrows spokes person Vusumuzi Vilakazi insisted that they will still take it as if the game is going ahead as long as they do not get any other notification from the PSL.

“We have been preparing since from our last game, when we played Chippa in PE, we came back yesterday (Monday),” he told Thomas Mlambo on the Ultimate Sport Show.

“We have started our preparation for our scheduled fixture, which is tomorrow against Kaizer Chiefs. So we started our preparation efficiency yesterday.

“Even today, we were training this morning. And as I’m speaking to you right now, we are at the hotel, we are in the campus a few normal preparations as I’m talking to you, the thing now is in the talk, preparing for a game tomorrow. 

“So that’s what is happening right now. However, I cannot maybe act arrogant or as if I haven’t seen things that are circulating that Kaizer Chiefs is not coming to the game and stuff like that. 

“We can’t rely on that because we cannot operate with hearsay from people, I think we have got the league that needs to indicate to us as to our changes about what is happening tomorrow, because we haven’t heard anything from the league.”

Vilakazi insisted that Chiefs’ statement is not a valied reason for them to take the game as being postponed, with no official statement from the PSL being sent to the club.

“No, we cannot operate with what Kaizer Chiefs is saying. We are honoring the fixture which is scheduled for tomorrow. However, I’m seeing if there are changes or anything that needs to be said to us as Golden Arrows that must be set by the league itself,” he added.

“So the league hasn’t sent anything to us, which is why we are in camp now. Because I think all these things started today, because yesterday there was nothing but today I see on social media as well as Kaizer Chiefs posted that they are not coming to the game. 

“But we are still waiting for the league, that is why I’m saying we are continuing with our preparation because we cannot operate on what Kaizer Chiefs saying, and we are the host in this event so the rule will be going to the stadium. The stadium will definitely be open for any other stakeholders who wants to up taking part of our game.”

iDiski Times
iDiski Times
iDiski Times is one of the fastest-growing football brands in South Africa. Boasting a free weekly newspaper as well as a 24/7 news website with top breaking news in the PSL (DStv Premiership, Motsepe Foundation Championship), women's football and all other major tournaments in South Africa and abroad.